Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Christmas in July - Santa Claus

I'm not sure how exactly I managed it but I caught myself a bit of a bug and have been somewhat under the weather this past week. I actually had a fever for a day and a half but thankfully, it seems, I am now on the mend.

I had plans to make and share a few projects that are now too late (ie 4th of July) and will have to hold off, maybe until next year. I have been busy though making several Christmas themed treat wrappers and figured they would be great to share for a "Christmas in July" theme.

First up is the jolly man himself, Santa and his sack of toys, and we can't forget the Mrs.


I just love the versatility of the curvy keepsake box die. Not only do these characters look cute on a display but can also be used for a small gift. They are perfect for a "Boot Day" (ST Nicholas Day, 6th December) treat or to hand out to kids or colleagues.


You can also easily make a flat version of Mr. and Mrs Claus if you only use 1 curvy keepsake shape and place them on a card front or gift tag.

Supplies used:
Cardstock: Bazzill and Recollections, scrap of gold foil
Ink: All SU - Cherry Cobbler, Blushing Bride,
Die: Curvy Keepsake - SU
Punches: please see below instructions for complete list
Misc.: small gold tassel for sack, red/rose chalk, black marker, white gel pen

Instructions for Santa Claus:


Instructions for Sack of toys:
I used a Deco label punch out an trimmed it to look like the top of my sack. You could easily hand cut this piece forms crap as well.


Stay tuned for the instructions for Mrs. Claus coming in the my next post.

Thanks for stopping by! Hope to see you again soon for a few more Christmas inspired creations.

4 comments :

  1. Adorable, love your Santa and sack of toys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing Alex, you are soooo creative.
    Rene from OZ xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your punch art is always stunning to me. I love these. Glad your feeling better

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorableand a great way to get into the "Early" Christmas spirit!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...